Is it 31 Dec already? I didn’t think I have digested everything that 2018 brought me as yet and time is moving on.
The end of 2018 brought me quite a bit at the last bit——–Lots of everything in life that would have you sit up and stand on your toes. Qinzhi’s seizure was shocking and a big awakening for me. Pretty much like a tsunami that rocked my world. The ishinomaki trip sort of made sense now.
Its a big lesson I received and I believe——-my and my family’s collective doing that brought this to fruition. All of us had a part to play to ring this in this direction. But I believe this is what I and my family need to work on collectively so we can all go to the next level. Together and in unison.
We were not united enough. Our thoughts were not together as a family. The binding was not there.
I looked back at my Goodbye 2017 post, I recounted what I tried my hands on and what I wanted to do in 2018. I said this—-
“In the new 2018 that has just birthed, I would like to:
- spend more time with my family, my kids, my husband
- spend more time with myself
- be more healthy
- heal my keloids
- sleep earlier
- do less work
- do more holidays with my precious ones!
- do 5 min of practice a day
- learn to be still , to be quiet
- get more creative, intuitive,
- be more in touch with myself
- do videos that make a difference, write or say things that would inspire, hence express my light and that of others, and be the magic to people around me.
- work on a tv programme!
- keep that wonder, that purity in me.
Did I achieve the above?
Maybe half of those came true. Was 2018 kind to me? Actually very much so.
I travelled and visited many places, had the privilege to interview and got in touch with many wonderful people. I saw their magic, captured their magic and got them out on videos for the world. It was magical and magic time and again I witnessed and experienced. Thru out it all, I remained true and did not lose myself. I maintained to be me.
I spent great effort at work and invested heavily in getting to know myself better. I imbued my learning and development into my work and created works that had insight and meaning.
But if I could do anything better, I should have put in more for my family. Both quantity and quality wise. I came home to cook for my family and had dinner with them every night. I read storybooks and we chatted at bedtime.
To capture 2018’s magic and lessons would be rounding these points below.
- The meaning of life and its purpose. If we are aligned to our life purpose, things flow. For me, the meaning and purpose of life, is to be true and to say it as it is. Like a mirror, nothing more and not less.
- Life is transient and impermanent.
- What is to listen? How do you listen to another’s soul?
- What is to love? What is love if it causes hurt? And if you do not know about loving yourself—-how do you love another?
- To be gentle with yourself. Only then can you be gentle to others.
- All change with substance comes from within.
- What is to trust the process or the divine? How do you apply this understanding to the process?
- What is to let go?
- What is to offer your presence? And especially, what does it mean to offer your presence to your loved ones?
- What is putting others before you?
- What is giving when you are not giving to yourself ?
- Some things in life cannot be undone.
- Old practices, methods, pathways, attitudes, modes have been exhausted and new ones are in need.
- No matter what, be grounded be humble be gentle. Our opinions are not the most important.
- Learn from children, they are our teachers.
- Transform. Transform, TRANSFORM. Use every opportunity to practice this.
- Awareness is of utmost importance. Continue to work on Mindfulness.
- Imprints. There are too many imprints in each and everyone of us. We live in our reality projected from these lived past that we do not have enough awareness about and reacts from these past circumstances.
- Healing and breaking through to stop repeating cycles.
In spite of it all, I am immensely thankful and in awe of 2018 and its teachings. If I ever veered off, all of the teachings above helped set priorities in place, humbling you in the process of it all and calling out a deepest reverence for life and to honour and believe its processes.
And with this, with the brand new 2019, I sincerely ask for courage, patience, wisdom, creativity and a solid good heart of gold filled with a lot of love, that will be with me every moment of the way, so as to support me in arriving at novel and never before perspectives, create new attitudes and habits, creative modes and a new order or new systems that will provide a safe nurturing loving space for everyone to co-create and experience freedom———-so as to express their light. And in there, realise the magic they are.
May we be always always protected, healed, helped and richly blessed and guided by our light, by our guardian angels and the divine.
Thank you for all you have brought me 2018. As I read my previous posts, I get inspirations all over again—- such as:
-Every step is a step forwards,
-We have the power to change the story we tell ourselves by acknowledging that in the past, we did our best, and we exhibited many positive qualities, and had many fine moments on our path to the present moment. We can also recognize that we have learned from our experiences, and that this will help us with our current choices. When we do this kind of work on how we view our past self, we make it possible for the future to be based on a positive self-assessment. This inner shift may allow us to get out of the cycle we’ve been in that’s been keeping us stuck.
-calm mind: The dalai lama says that inner peace n calm is the key to a healthy body. He drew a parallel between calmness immunity. If u r calm n had this inner peace, nothing could rock u however big or small.
– life is more of an improvisation than it is like a play whose lines have already been written, whose end is already known. Like an improviser, we have choices to make and the more we embrace the illusionary quality of the performance, the lighter we can be on the planet, on others, and on ourselves.
-When you go with the ride, accepting what you cannot control, freedom and joy will inevitably arise. We can also cultivate this awareness in ourselves gently, by simply making surrender a daily practice. At the end of our meditation, we might bow, saying, “I surrender to this life.” We can give in to our fear and anxiety, or we can surrender to this great mystery with courage.
–It is our response to those circumstances that will dictate the nature of our experiences. At the heart of every transformation, no matter how chaotic, there is substance. When we no longer resist change and instead regard it as an opportunity to grow, we find that we are far from helpless in the face of it. Our role as masters of our own destinies is cemented when we choose to make change work in our favor. Yet before we can truly internalize this power, we must accept that we cannot hide from the changes taking place all around us. To make change work for you, look constructively at your situation and ask yourself how you can benefit from the transformation that has taken place. As threatening as change can seem, it is often a sign that a new era of your life has begun. If you reevaluate your plans and goals in the days or weeks following a major change, you will discover that you can adapt your ambition to the circumstances before you and even capitalize on these changes. Optimism, enthusiasm, and flexibility will aid you greatly
As we move towards a new beginning, I give thanks for the opportunity to welcome this new dawn and the times it will bring me.
I have no doubt that this in itself is already a blessing. We have to do our best to make good this opportunity. Breathe well, eat well, keep well, feel well be well. And use every opportunity to practise the dharma and its teachings.
I thank all my guardian angels who have helped me reach here, including my teacher who has always listened and supported with kind advice.
May all sentient beings be well and happy. May all sentient beings have happiness and its causes. May all sentient beings be free from suffering and its causes. May all sentient beings never be separated from sorrow less bliss. May all sentient beings abide in equanimity, be free from anger, hatred and share compassion for all other beings.
May the new beginning inspire us with lots of light and love. Let there be creativity, open mindedness, magnanimity, flexibility, optimism, may we all have boundless courage to pursue what we believe in, may there be favourable conditions to support our healing and development. May we all experience pure joy, wonder, freedom, happiness, wherever you are. May 2019 be magic.