Has it been one year already?
The 2016 goodbye post seemed so far, far away. And with a new year coming in less than 24 hours, I feel unprepared for it.
Maybe because I have not written about my 2017.
- I tried and became a salesman. It was something I never thought of, dreamt of. But I became one. Was it tough? Maybe not, was it horrible? Not as bad as I thought.
- I tried my hand at negotiating business deals.
- I learned how to write proposals.
- I learnt to make money in another way I was not accustomed to. And that brought lots of lessons to me, its about opening up horizons and expanding boundaries. Just this alone brought me many, one of which was to learn about humility. Its also about doing business in a upfront honest way. Its knowing your own strengths and using it too to the benefit of others.
- Now that I m writing about it, I understand how I have been—-I used to only think of the art the emotions and that’s all too easy. Like team mates who must have thought why I have derided, why have I drifted, I think I can safely say no. It’s not that I have drifted or crossed over to the dark side and swopped figures for art, but it’s all too easy— in fact too empty to talk about art when dollars and cents are not in the picture. Nothing moves.
- I understand about balance more. I think with that in mind, I can do my art better.
- And now, I understand why the Universe sent me this lesson. It was to let me appreciate that at the basic level and for things to work, art surely isn’t it. At least, its not the only way. It was to let me appreciate how dollars and cents could move the world. And how I could put my art in there.
- I brought in people and tried to build a team. There were lots of unhappiness I would say but I dealt with it to the best of my ability. Still, there are regrets. But Mr Ng suggested:”if you compare yourself to other bosses, how do you think you fare?much better than many of them right?” YES.
- I tried to help a colleague, in fact more than one— see the light.
- I have never used my stature as a boss to boss people around, in fact, I shared my experiences with them as a senior would, and I think that is my way or my style as a leader. I have always sought out the middle path and to strike out my own style, I m still on my way. But I can say, good try TPY!
- I did not bow down to unfair treatment.
- I learnt to speak up—- for myself and my teammates when needed.
- I had the chance to fly to shanghai for work, meet with top class producers and discuss my ideas, and these ideas touched people. I still am creative.
- And all these helped me assert my authority. I think the lesson to learn is to acknowledge the authority in me. It’s not about pleasing anyone. But to do what is needed and what’s right in the workplace.
- I had a chance to visit Hokkaido, made new friends, go to the root of the food chain and see for myself how things are done. In short, find out truth.
- I saw how the salmon swam upstream!
- I had a chance to take Hui gor tin Davina to Bangkok!
- I had a chance to bring the kids to a resort holiday in Phuket .
- I had a chance to bring the kids for staycations!
- I slept with my kids!
- I read to my kids!
- I had a chance to bring my family to Japan , especially gor gor and dad.
- We saw Mt Fuji!!!
- I had the chance to see the Dalai Lama in person!!!
- I met Khadro lah !!!!!!!
- I met Yongey Mingyur Rinpoche again!!!
- I had the chance to visit Tso Pema!!!!!!! Guru Rinpoche’s sacred place! And had my footprint and handprint on his!!!!!!!!
- I had the chance to fly business class back from India!
- I had so so so many wonderful meetings with extraordinary people—-like the King of Knives! Like the chefs!
- I had opportunities to do videos!
- I saw Mr Robuchon again and Alain Ducasse.
- I get a chance to realign my teeth.
- I did a dental implant on my own.
- I visited ah ma in hospital and at home.
- I tried to help my cousin who had skin problems.
- I had the chance to better myself and understand my keloids my body better because of the essential oil journeys, so much facilitated by Juan, John and Peyjin.
- I found a lot of grounding ease with essential oils.
- I got my kids into EOs and used natural healing methods on them.
- I got closer to eating vegetarian.
- I had wonderful produce nice chocolates, good food.
- I persevered and cooked everyday for my kids on weekdays lunch and dinner.
- Above all, I could breathe, I could eat and drink, sleep and do things that matter to me.
- I m still me, I remained me.
If 2016 has been a taste or teaching of alignment, grounding, life purpose, 2017 was a step further in these lessons, as situations , people, things, threw me in all directions and tested my resolve and my footing in each of the above.
I didn’t think I faltered even if there were challenging times.
I am still me.
In the new 2018 that has just birthed, I would like to:
- spend more time with my family, my kids, my husband
- spend more time with myself
- be more healthy
- heal my keloids
- sleep earlier
- do less work
- do more holidays with my precious ones!
- do 5 min of practice a day
- learn to be still , to be quiet
- get more creative, intuitive,
- be more in touch with myself
- do videos that make a difference, write or say things that would inspire, hence express my light and that of others, and be the magic to people around me.
- work on a tv programme!
- keep that wonder, that purity in me.
May the universe and my guardian angels support me, guide me, bless me, be with me always.
May the new beginning bring forth lots of light and clarity. Let there be true vision, stability, strength. May you find the quiet, peacefulness and freedom you need and may you find beauty, wonder and magic in the moments in between.